After looking at several homes on the market and not finding what you wanted, you’ve finally made the plunge, and have decided to invest in the home of your dreams. Although there are many fine homes on the market, you’d like to build a home to your exact specifications and in the precise location of your choosing. Finding a contractor to work with is critical to your success, from budget, to design, to a successful build, to warranty work. This month’s post will talk about why our clients typically choose to go with a custom build, and how CHART helps dreams become reality through our proven process.
Why Go Custom?
Our clients choose to build custom homes for a variety of reasons, but there are some common themes that have emerged over the years. These include:
- Your Home, Your Way: For most new homes, you can start with a base model and then choose from a few set customizations. With a custom home, your only limits are your imagination and your budget. Is your priority the large, open concept kitchen you’ve always wanted to have to host parties? Or would you rather focus on the luxuriousness of the master bedroom and bathroom? Or perhaps you want it all! A custom home design allows for all possibilities, rather than a few limited options.
- Location, Location, Location: Many of our clients have found a home they believe they could enjoy, but in a location they do not prefer. Building a custom home provides you with the opportunity to build the perfect home close to views, work, amenities, and within your preferred school catchment area.
- Efficiency and Maintenance: CHART custom homes are built with care and attention to detail every step of the way, using the latest in home comfort and energy efficiency technologies. We work within a budget to ensure that the highest quality materials are used so that long term your utility bills and maintenance costs are as low as possible.
- Warranty: All of our custom homes are built with a 5-year warranty, ensuring any deficiencies during construction will be our problem – not yours! Our clients rest easy at night, appreciating the fact that we support our work years after the initial work has been completed.
Building a Custom Home with CHART
As we do with all of our renovation services, our approach to custom home construction centres squarely on our clients. Our aim is to maximize the value of your build while minimizing the stress and guessing involved in the process. To that end, we take our tried and tested renovation process, and enhance it for the larger-scale development and management that a custom home build requires.
- The Home of Your Dreams: In the comfort of your own home, we will initiate a guided discussion with you meant to organize the budgeting process involved in your list of ‘must-haves’, ‘want-to-haves’, and ‘would-be-nice-to-haves.’ We will provide you with straightforward and honest estimations of your lists, and run through similar projects we have completed. At this point, we will provide you with a description of our history, and answer any of the many questions you will have to determine whether we might be the right fit for you.
- Designing Your Dream Home: As a full-service residential construction and renovation company, we feature a talented slate of architectural designers who will put your dreams to paper. We will run through the latest design trends and technologies with you to determine which you would like to incorporate into your build. Our designers use state-of-the-art 3D rende3ring tools, that will allow you to walk through our design concept so that you can get a realistic impression of the space before fully committing. We can even experiment with cosmetics, such as flooring, wall colour, kitchen cabinets and counters, even furniture. Although many important decisions are made in this step, we try to make the experience as fun and exciting for our clients as possible.
- Maximizing Build Value: Throughout the design process, we provide you with accurate estimations for the features and design styles you’d like to incorporate. Once you are satisfied with the design, we write up a highly detailed quotation intended to provide the baseline price for the build assuming no other changes are required. In this step, long terms costs such as maintenance and utilities are taken into account so that you can rest satisfied you have selected the options that offer you the layout, cosmetics, and long term ownership value many prioritize.
- Including You in Every Step of the Build: Now that we are ready to put our shovels in the ground, we understand the anticipation and excitement that you have to watch your dream home unfold. To that end, we carefully plan timelines and provide you with your own access to our Buildertrend project management software. You will enjoy your own private page to closely follow our work, and stay on top of construction progress. Throughout the process, you will be able to see exactly what we are working on any given day and even provide us with comments and feedback along the way. On the go? Follow your construction progress anywhere with our convenient app!
- Building Your Dream Home: Now that planning is complete, budgets are set, and everything is in place to follow the project, it is time for you to sit back and allow us to do what we do best. From municipal permits to finest quality product selection to project coordination to custom-tailored carpentry work, we handle all aspects of the development process from here on in. Our reputation as perfectionists has been built over our nearly 40 years in business. Our clients love how we treat our projects as if we were building for our own families. Nothing but your complete satisfaction is good enough for our team!
- Wrapping Up and Moving In: Once we have completed the build, we always take the time to do a detailed walk-through with our clients to identify any possible final items that may not have been completed to expectation. We are not satisfied until you are. Once final items are cleared up, you are ready to begin the move-in process, resting in the knowledge that we will be ready to serve you over the next 5 years should any warranty work be required. As a family-owned and family-run company, we stand behind all of our craftsmanship with the highest levels of pride. Indeed, it is word-of-mouth that has allowed us to become one of the area’s top and most trusted home builders!
For full details of our 8 Step Process, including a brief video presentation, please visit the Our Process page.
Are you considering building the home of your dreams? We hope we have provided you with some of the information you were looking for in making the critically important decision around determining a building contractor. Interested in learning more? We’d love to arrange for a free, no-obligation meeting to help you determine if we are the right fit.
We’d love to hear about your dream home, contact us today!